Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Long Day

"Our children are a gift we send to a time that we will not see."
-Dr. Tim Kimmel (Grace Based Parenting)

One of my greatest challenges as a mother is getting caught in the narrow, "present tense" affairs of my house. I mean, the children need to be fed their meals, and laundry must get done, and bottoms need to be wiped. Although I honestly wouldn't trade my job for anything, and there is unmeasurable nobility and enjoyment in time spent reading, playing, praying with my children... every now and then, at the end of the day, I find myself in need of reflection and inspiration. I need to be reminded that I am only a tiny part of a giant world crying out in need of God's love and justice. My daily "mountains" are perspectively just "molehills" (not even). And what truly matters is that I am to be encouraging my children towards loving God and loving those in need.
I saw this music video of Sarah Groves ("I Saw What I Saw") several months ago, and was forunate enough to stumble upon it again tonight after a very long, self-absorbed day.

1 comments:

Kelli said...

we missed you Friday night. :) hope you had a good halloween :)